SmartiPi Touch Pro W - compatible with Waveshare 20429
Please note the Waveshare display and Raspberry Pi is not included.
The Waveshare 20429 does utilize the Raspberry Pi GPIO, therefore there may be conflicts with some HAT boards.
The SmartiPi Touch Pro W is a case for the capacitive touch Waveshare 1024 x 600 ( sku 20429) display and Raspberry 4B/3B+/3A+. There is also a mounting point below the display for the Official Raspberry Pi camera V1 or V2. Not compatible with the Raspberry Pi HQ camera. The camera hole can be completely hidden with the included adhesive panel. The adhesive panel can also be customized with your logo.
This case creates an all in one Raspberry Pi computer with a single USB-C port in the back to power the components in case. The Raspberry Pi is mounted behind the display and the ports are flush with the edge of the display. An included port blocking part for Pi 3 or 4 allows you to only allow access to the ports that you want exposed. There is also a second set of threaded inserts to mount your own development board or other piece of hardware. Perfect for an industrial or commercial application where you want to add your own development board to the case. The case is made out of injection molded ABS plastic, so it can be drilled or machined for additional customization. Contact us for CAD models of the case to help you in your customization. The Waveshare display, Raspberry Pi, and Raspberry Pi camera are not included. Once assembled, the SD card, HDMI port, and audio jack are not accessible from outside the case. You can plug in a HDMI or audio cable into the Raspberry Pi inside the case and then run the wire outside the case.
The Waveshare 20429 display can be purchased from us or the following sources.
Robot Shop - US/CA
Waveshare - CN
The Pi Hut - UK
Amazon - US
- Included cooling fan with rubber vibration mounts
- Small panel to cover fan hole if not using fan
- Works with all variants of Raspberry Pi 4B/3B+/3A+
- USB-C input with Micro USB end to power Pi /3B+/3A+, USB-C end to power Pi 4B
- Metal base plate included
- Back access panel for wire routing
- Optional Raspberry Pi camera V1 or V2 mount included. Not compatible with the Raspberry Pi HQ camera.
- Camera hole can be completely hidden with included adhesive front panel
- Custom branded front bezel available for volume orders
- Included port blocking part for Pi 4B/3B+/3A+ ( cut out plastic knockouts with knife)
- Two small foot mounts ( included) can be used instead of the large stand
- Display can pivot down to 37 degrees off of the surface
- Works with Waveshare 20429
- Second set of threaded m2.5 mounting points can be used to mount your own development board ( HAT compatible mounting points )
- Wall eyelets for wall mounting
- 75 mm VESA mount pattern on back
- Works with HAT boards
- Includes back cover in two available sizes
- White and black version available
- The Waveshare display, Raspberry Pi, and Raspberry Pi camera are not included
- The SD card, HDMI port, and audio jack are not accessible once the case is assembled. You can plug in a HDMI or audio cable into the Raspberry Pi inside the case and then run the wire outside the case
Two sizes are available
The Waveshare display connects to the Raspberry Pi via the DSI connector and also the GPIO. Therefore there may be some conflicts with HAT boards that use these same pins.
Many HAT boards will allow you you extend the GPIO pins through the HAT to allow utilization of the unused pins.
HAT boards can also be mounted on the second set of threaded insert on the opposite side of the case as the Raspberry Pi. Due to the GPIO pins on the display , there is only three mounting point available. HAT boards or your own custom PCB would have to be wired to the Raspberry Pi with jumper cables.